Monday, April 7, 2008

One Week From Today!


One week from today we meet our precious Colombian jewels! Oh what a day it will be!

Today is my last day at work so it’s been a bit hectic. Trying to finalize everything so that whoever takes my place can make sense of things. The students have been bringing in pantry items like crazy, I already had to take one cart load to the car and we are loading up another. Everyone has been so very kind.

As far as the showers from this past weekend, well, I don’t know where to begin. Amazing, absolutely amazing, people were gracious and supportive in everyway imaginable. Between the two showers we had over 75 people who all came bearing gifts for Jessica and Joaquin. I won’t have to buy them clothes for an entire year and have plenty of gift cards to keep them in shoes, underwear, socks and get them school supplies for a year, with gift cards left over! I really can not express how awesome it is to be surrounded by such amazing people.

On a bitter sweet note, on Saturday evening Eric’s grandmother passed away. She is dancing, singing and enjoying his grandfather’s company on the streets of heaven. She has been in a nursing home for a long time and without much life. So it’s good to envision her happy and well again.

With that being said, we will be having company this week. Eric’s brothers and their families will stay with us during the time of the funeral on Tuesday and Wednesday. So I will be in a frenzy later in the week trying to do all of the laundry and packing and money exchange and and and and and…you get my drift. We fly out on Friday, so it’s really no big deal right? But honestly, I am so glad she passed before we left and not while we were gone.

Okay, well with the little time I have left I better use it wisely. I will update again on Thursday to let you know for sure where we will be staying etc.

Ciao for now…

2 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Will be praying for you as you grieve. Can't wait to see pics of showers!!! Those are always fun! Congrats, Mami y familia!

Laura S said...

So sorry about your loss. Will be thinking of you and your family during this chaotic week.