Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Referral News


Okay, now that I have had a few hours sleep and have a few spare minutes, I will fill you in a bit more on yesterday’s events.

Just before lunch I got a call on my office phone from our Ohio rep Kellie. The call went something like this. “Beth, this is Kellie. So when is your last day at work there?” I reply with “April 8th, just a few more weeks.” So Kellie says, “Good, then you will be finished in plenty of time to go pick up your babies!” Beth “AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, This is wonderful!” Kellie then says, “I have a photo of two precious children…..” (sorry, I can’t tell you the rest…not yet anyway) Then my hands started shaking and my mouth went dry.

I then received an email with all the info and a photo of our dear son and daughter. Of course I called Eric and gave him the news and sent on the email to him. He looked at the photo and…tears of joy. The moment he knew would someday come, a moment he has dreamed would someday happen, happened yesterday. He reacted just he same way he did when Emi and Nate were born. He is truly beside himself and in love already.

Telling the kids was a lot of fun. Eric could not be there, so the kids called him on speaker phone and I videotaped their reaction as Eric gave them the news. Nate was shocked, speechless, Emi just kept saying No Way, Oh My, They are So Cute! We then took off to my moms to share some time with my mom, sister, grandpa, aunt etc. My family was so excited with us.

I gave the kids each a copy of the photo to take to school. They attend a very small school and EVERYONE knows about the adoption. It will definitely be on the morning announcements. Emi and Nate just keep looking at the photos and saying their sibling’s names over and over again.

You know how pregnant women have a glow about them? Yep, that’s me today! My babies are coming home and my mom already has their picture on her refrigerator.

It was such a relief to know they are in safe hands, doing well! Oh and one more thing, I can’t imagine any better description of two children to fit in our family. The little guy and Nate sound like real brothers and Emi and her sister are going to get along just fine! I guess I shouldn’t have expected anything less from my heavenly papi!

Papi = Daddy
Mami = Mommy

And you yahoo girls crack me up. I didn’t have the post up for more than 15 minutes and you guys were leaving comments. You all are awesome. But if you read the comments, my sister had to be the first to rub in the fact that she has already seen the photo…hee hee.

Julie, the Colombia program director, will be calling sometime this afternoon. I will have more news later.

Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

14 comments:

Jenn said...

Yep, it's Jenn-the-blog-stalker again. *smile* Just wanted you to know I am in tears over here. So so SO happy for you. Can't wait to get to see the pictures and hear more.

peace and blessings,
j.

Dan and Karen said...

YEAH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Beth...we are sooo happy for you, can't wait to see the photo!!

Anonymous said...

Congrat Hollis Family! Emi and Nate are going to be such great siblings! I can't wait to meet your new additions! Take care, I will be thinking of you!

Stacy said...

Congratulations! Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you and your family, what a wonderful time this is for you!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLIS FAMILY!!

These children are going to be loved beyond what they could have ever imagined.

your precious new children and your family are truly blessed with each other.

God is AWESOME isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal! Congratulations!!!

Juniper said...

I can just see your face as you were gettin that wonderful information about your new babies!

I still can't wait to see pics and hear all the rest of the information.

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love!!!

Sherri said...

Beth,
CONGRATULATIONS!
I looked at your post and found I had obviously not checked my googlereader in 22 hours!!!!!! ACH, this mishap will keep me blogstalking for sure.

I am so excited and can't wait to find out more! You must have a permanent smile on your face. God bless you guys, enjoy this exciting time!

Love,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO!!!!HOOOO!!!! Yeah....Happy dance...happy dance! I am SO SO SO excited for your family. I can not wait for pictures!
Debi

Boyacheks said...

Yeah!! I am so excited for you guys! Hey maybe if we get our official referral next week we will get to be in Bogota at the same time! Can't wait to see pics!
Jaime

Anonymous said...

THE BITNER'S LOVE THEM HOLLIS'S!!!!CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY WE MEET THE KIDS!GOOD THINGS DO HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE! lOVE,B,M,C,Z

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
We are sooo happy for you guys!!! We can't wait to see pics and hear all the rest of the information.

GOD IS SO AWESOME!!!!! isn't he?

All of you guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Much love!!!!
Anthony & Amy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Beth! I posted a note on my campaign website about the adoption with a link to your blog!