Friday, March 7, 2008

Colombia in the News

I debated on putting this info on the blog. Mostly because my mom is already in a tizzy about the current turmoil in Colombia, I don't want to add to her anxiety, but I felt it important to post. This blog is meant to keep record of the journey and this is certainly part of the journey. I can honestly say, I am not afraid. I can travel knowing that I am in the hands of the one who can keep us safe, therefore, no reason to fear. As long as we use some common sense and follow any advise the agency may give to us, we are good to go. The agency is very much on top of the situation keeping in close contact with reps in Colombia and so far everything is just fine as far as travel and the adoption process. The agency has been very good to keep us informed of the current situation and currently have no concerns sending folks to Colombia to complete their adoption process. To me it is no more scary than knowing a situation like 9/11 could happen all over again, right here in America.

If the situation escalades and we travel, my mom will have many sleepless nights. I just want to go, get our babies, and get home. I really do hope it all calms a bit so we can feel free to get out and about in the city to experience the culture while we are there. Please pray for the Colombian people and the safety of our children.

Click on the link below to see a clip from CNN regarding the situation in Colombia and the stand of the American government on the issue.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/03/06/rugman.colombia.venezuela.itn?iref=videosearch

2 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Good video! I posted two on my blog last night. As I watched it, I thought of the men in each military defense. I think the videos are a great visual that remind us that this world is bigger than us in the US. And we need to pray, and so...is Colombia the bad guy in this picture? HMPH! Maybe people will change their perspectives and the stereotype will change.

And, I believe as you, you are safer in the enemy's camp in the shadow of the Almighty than anywhere else! God bless, and Happy Friday! Praying for a quick referral!

Margie said...

What an eye opener! We are truly blessed to live in our little corner of the world!

I saw a saying this week and thought of you: "Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy."

Have you decided about names for your children? Will they keep their name, will you give them a new name, combine names, or just wait until you meet them to decide?

I'm keeping your family in my prayers! Enjoy the snow!!!