Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just Tid Bits

Just a few things to mention.

First, this is for anyone, but my intentions are to pass this to Eric’s and my mom. There is a family in Colombia right now adopting a 7 yr old boy. This family also has a daughter who is 12 that they adopted from India. Anyway, they also have a blog. They just met their son yesterday and are going to blog while they are in Colombia.

http://middaughfamily.blogspot.com/

I thought it would be a good idea for our moms to follow along on the Middaugh’s journey in Colombia. This will help to give them an idea of what the process will be like, the photos will show some of the background etc. They are staying at El Refugio, where we hope to stay. The Middaugh’s will be coming home just as we are getting ready to travel. So feel free to follow along, I think it will help put your minds at ease as to what our journey will look like when we go.

Secondly, really this is just a therapeutic rambling part. I have found myself unable to sleep for the last few weeks and constantly nauseous. At first I thought it was just because the call was coming soon, but it has continued since. I honestly think it’s just a “mom” thing. I am very content knowing the kids are in good hands until we arrive, it was a relief to get that info. I am not anxious about traveling, excited, but not anxious. We have plenty of time to complete our paperwork, so no stress there. The house is ready to go, again no stress. So all I can drum up as a reason is that I ache to have them with us.

Since we have gotten the info on the kiddos, I have found myself at times grieving for them. Their poor little lives were in shambles until they came into government care. I have a visual in my head as to how miserable they must have looked and been at that time. Although relieved that the government took them in, my hearts hurts that during that miserable time they did not have a mother to care for them. They were obviously well cared for once taken in, as they recovered quickly, but to envision your children in such shape is heart wrenching. I am so excited to meet them. I wonder how nervous I will be on April 14th, will Jessica be a daddy’s girl like Emi and will Joaquin even know what to do with a positive male in his life? So many questions run through your mind but it’s all so exciting.

It will be difficult to not give and give and give to them. Have they ever even really been to a restaurant? Have they ever gotten to pick out and buy something for themselves? Do they know what it’s like to have something of their own? Aye ye ye!

Sorry for rambling…

No comments: