Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No Word Yet


Have I mentioned lately just what great kids I have? I just got home from parent teacher conferences. The teachers had nothing but good to say about Emi and Nate. Which is always the case, but none the less, it’s so nice to hear it from the ones who see them 7 hours a day.

Emi is doing well despite the broken bones in her arm and the much anticipated travels and sibling addition. Her homeroom teacher mentioned that she has a lot going on with “growing up”, her arm and adoption, but continues to do very well. She is maintaining her good grades. Mostly A’s with a few B’s popping in every once in a while. She got her cast off yesterday and is now in a brace for 4 weeks. We go back in 5 mts to be sure the bones are growing. There is a 50% chance the bones in her wrist will not grow. I am confident that she will be in the 50% that the bones do grow again.

Nate’s teachers call him the ladies man. I was not sure how I felt about this at first but his homeroom teacher said he is so respectful of the girls, opens doors for them etc. Not just to his classmates, but for the lady teachers and staff too. What a Charmer! His teacher for his TAG (talented and gifted) classes spoke of him becoming quite the handsome little guy and very cautious of taking care of his buddy Rachel. They are the only two TAG kids in his school so he they are bussed to a near by school for his morning classes. She said he is always looking out for Rachel. She also said that she anticipates he may be able to take Freshman math as a 7th grader. He is in 5th grade right now doing 6th grade math and breezing through it.

Nate’s teachers both said that Nate will be in the middle of his work and suddenly have to comment about the adoption. He speaks at appropriate times but just has to speak his thoughts. Things like “I’m not sure when, but we are going to be traveling soon!” “I’m really excited to visit another country and I really want to learn more Spanish!” “Mom said the cops there are different than here and carry big fire arms.” Emi and Nate have not really had much to say at home lately so it was interesting to hear how much they talk about it at school. It really does amaze me how much they take in, think about and wonder about the adoption and us traveling.

I guess we are all getting anxious. Really really anxious!

Now on a few side notes:

As far as the books for the orphanage, we are up to 60 books and the orders are still coming in!!!!!!

A few more families from our agency and yahoo group have received referrals and are preparing to travel. It’s always so exciting to hear of others adventures and to be excited along with them.

Friday Eric and I are going to have our FBI fingerprints redone and on Monday I plan to have our doctor letter redone so when we get the call everything will be updated and ready to go. It will take a few weeks to get the letters back then send them for notary approval and then apostil led. When we get the call we don’t want to have these items hanging over our heads. Our OH Rep told us to wait until we got word, but we really feel like the Lord is telling us to go ahead and take care of it, so that’s just what I am going to do.


One last thing, I came across this quote that I absolutely love and wanted to share. "We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." ~Kristi Larson

I think I will just end the post with that…sigh…

2 comments:

Jenn said...

*sigh* is right! What a GREAT quote that is! I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait for you to get your big news!!! :)

Come on Leap Year! I still think that would be a great day to get "the call"...of course, Valentines' Day is great too!

peace and blessings,
jenn

Juniper said...

I know the things and stresses that have been going through your mind. I am glad that I can be someone that you can trust for you to talk to and tell things to.

I think that it is a good thing that you are getting your paperwork updated. That will be just one less thing for you to have to worry about when you do get the call.

Things in your life are about to slow down...just for a moment and then speed up again! :0) I am so excited for you guys and can't wait til you can bring your new babies home!

Keep your chin up...things are happening just as God has them planned for you!!