Friday, February 29, 2008

Going to Bogota


It's official, our paperwork has been sent to the Bogota regional office. We received word this evening! The next step is for the regional office to match us with our children and then call us with the referral (pics, medical info etc.) We hope for a speedy referral but are so excited just to know at least that our paperwork is moving. It is so exhilarating to just hear that Colombia has made contact and is in process of matching us now.


I was out to dinner when the info came in and I immediately lost my appetite, couldn't take another bite. It was as exciting as finding our you are pregnant! I can only imagine how I will feel when we get the referral call. Emi and Nate were with me and were just beside themselves.


Julie said to go ahead and get our fingerprints and medical letters re done. I kind of had a feeling this was coming so...the medical letter was picked up last week and the fingerprints were mailed out too. One step ahead on that one.


The coolest thing is that Children's Vision International (the orphanage we are visiting) is in Bogota and with the amount of items we have to take to them, we are each going to have to take two suitcases. If you fly to any other region you are only able to take one suitcase per person. But because we are going to Bogota, taking two suitcases each will be no problem. How cool is that? All in God's bigger plan!


Well...Off to celebrate!

More later...

11 comments:

Jenn said...

HAPPY LEAP DAY TO YOU ALL!!! Doing the happy dance for you! Can't wait to hear that you've received your official referral. Still praying for you down here.

peace and blessings
jenn

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!

Sherri said...

Yay Beth! How exciting! Praise the Lord! Hopefully it will go quick now. It took me a day or two to adjust to Bogota and then I loved it, you guys will too. Yipee, I can't wait to follow your journey.

Love,
Sherri

Unknown said...

Hey Guys, Just read your recent entries. As always they bring me to tears. We are so anxious to meet,hug and kiss the cheeks of our new grandbabies. 2 Samual 7:10 "And I will provide a place for my children and will plant them so they can have a home of their own " God's faithfulness and promises remain truly timeless. We are so privileged to witness his greatness and be a part of this awesome miracle. Love Papa & Mimi

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

What exciting news! I am so happy for all of you. Before you know it, you will be getting that call about your children. We will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to find your blog. We are also adopting from Colombia and are waiting for our referral of a 3-5 yog. Blessings on your family... all of them.
Linda
www.mysistersjar.wordpress.com

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Congrats, Beth!!! How exciting! You will love it in Bogota! How fun!!! Travel time will be here before ya know it...I know you will be so pumped when you get the first ultrasound pic (referral pic!)!!! Rejoicing with you!

Boyacheks said...

Yea! Exciting news!! We will be praying that things will move quickly for you! Thanks for praying for us too!
Jaime

Anonymous said...

This is SO wonderful Beth. Your post the other day of the rainbow and crying made me shed a tear as well. We are so happy for everyone receiving news, as we get to live vicariously through you all.
You will enjoy being in Bogotá and all of the wonderful things it has to offer. When I was there last August I got a travel book on Bogotá that is published by the mayor's office. The book is in spanish and english....it is a SUPER book. When I get a chance I will think to send you the ISBN to see if you can buy it here.
Debi

Laura S said...

Congratulations to you guys! Bogota will make things simple but make sure you get out to see some of the area while you are there. Otherwise its a big city like any other, with thinner air!

Laura S said...

Congratulations to you guys! Bogota will make things simple but make sure you get out to see some of the area while you are there. Otherwise its a big city like any other, with thinner air!