Thursday, February 28, 2008

Emotional Moment



…And so there I was driving to work sobbing, I dial the phone to call my husband, he answers, knows it’s me, hears me crying and tries to figure out what was wrong. I finally gain my composure, enough to speak, and tell him nothing is wrong, I’m just having an emotional moment and he breathes a sigh of relief.

It’s those girl genes, we just can’t help it. It comes on a whim and there’s no control.

My tears were actually tears of joy. We have a dream that is very near to becoming reality. It’s almost hard to believe. For the 14 years I have known Eric we have spoke of adoption, orphans have always been in our hearts. And to have had God tell us it was our turn to adopt and to have paved the way for us has been an amazing experience. I have watched Him take me, little ol’ me, into His hand and take care of every little detail. As I look back on this journey I realize why He doesn’t just show us His plan all at one time. It really would be too overwhelming. But I think about His goodness, and of all the people in the world, He still chooses to love, speak to, and take care of me like I am the only one He has to focus on. It blows my mind.

Just yesterday, He sent me a rainbow. I was in my car on my way to work. On clear days I drive looking right into the sun rising. Yesterday morning happened to be a perfectly beautiful day with a few puffy clouds and the blue sky. As I got on the highway and driving into the sun I noticed a rainbow had formed arching over the sun. It was the most amazing site. But more than the beauty of the scene itself was the promise, the purpose of the rainbow, a promise that God is with me still taking care of all the details if I just continue to trust Him. It was like He was saying, “This is just for you”, “I’m still here”, “I have it under control”, “Your dream is coming true and it’s more beautiful than you can imagine”.

…So after my time of reflection and tears I hang up the phone with Eric, I powder my face, step out of the car and into work with an extra pep in my step. God is Good, All the Time!

1 comment:

Juniper said...

There were a few blogs for me to catch up on. Wow! A lot has been going on in the week that I have missed reading.

You have a lot of awesome things to take with you to the orphans in Columbia!

I can't wait for you to get "the call" that says...come get your babies!!

Everything is in His plan. Keep your chin up! Love ya!