Saturday, February 23, 2008

Creative Moment?

I just had this brilliant idea…or at least I think it’s brilliant.

As I was putting together a photo book for us to take with us, to share with the kids and I thought, why not make a video of places and people too. I can load them on my laptop, make a presentation of sorts with video clips. Since I will be taking my laptop with us, they can watch it as much as they want. It can include rooms in our house, grandparents saying Hello, aunts and uncles with special messages. That way not only do they get a visual but can hear everyone’s voices too. I can video the dogs playing, the cat, the park, Mimi and Papa’s house and lots of other fun stuff. I should have the photo book complete by the end of the weekend, so the video shoots will be my next exciting feat.

I also just bought a few more items to take with us. I got play dough, a playschool soft inflatable soccer ball, leapfrog memory mate/bilingual, bilingual bingo, sketch paper, notebooks, pencils and some bilingual books.

Just getting a little excited…can you tell?

I am learning to use the video feature on our new camera, so these aren't the best, but it's a start.

This is Nate learning to Snowboard, he's having a little trouble learning to stop.

Here is Emi, better known around our house as "grace" (short for graceful), working on Skiing, having a little trouble learning to start.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that's an awesome idea! My dad & sister sent video-taped messages & Nataly would ask for them while we were in Colombia. I wish I'd had more!!

Jennifer

Laura S said...

We had to send a video down to Colombia to help prepare our son for the transition. I thought it was a great idea and a fantastic supplement to the photos we sent. We had them prepared on both a dvd and vhs just in case the foster family only had a vhs. If you do this I would keep it to the house and the immediate family. Hang on to the extended family videos until you see the kids. Don't want to confuse them by showing too many people before they meet you guys!

Jenn said...

Yep, sounds pretty brilliant to me. :) I loved Jennifer's notebook idea too; the yahoo boards have been FULL of great ideas lately. I think I am going to post a fundraising question...

Let me know how this works out for you; if it's helpful, I'm sure I'll copy your idea when it's my turn someday. :)

peace and blessings,
jenn

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

We went around the house and had Ben's parents give a special message. We had a friend who was fluent in Spanish walk around the house with us and interpret as we went so the kids could understand what we were saying...

We watched it a few times while we were in Colombia. We did one long video, should have done smaller clips. Love yours. Looks like the kids are having fun in the snow!

Great ideas on the games...be sure to put them on the Yahoo list! Isn't it fun in this stage...the waiting and anticipation, the preparation??? They will be here before you know it!