Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Papi Makes Everything Better



(Daddy in Spanish is Papi)
As the photo shows, Emi is in a cast. She was ice skating at a friends birthday party and broke both growth plates in her wrist. I felt terrible for her when the doctor was poking on her. She was very brave, but no one makes her feel better than her papi. She saved him a special place on the top near her fingers for him to sign her cast.

Now for adoption news. The Colombian offices are officially back open today. I spoke to our agency late last week. I felt very encouraged that we will travel in the spring…sooner than later. There is another family who also requested two sibs ages 0-7 who just received their referral. They were approved mid October and received a referral just 3 months later, and the slow holiday time was during that three months. So our rep felt we would be hearing something soon. I immediately felt my head spinning with all that I need to do to prepare. I pulled out the travel guide and began to brush up on all we will need to do and what to expect. She also said that normally step one is that the paperwork is sent to a region and then step two is that the region will match us with 2 siblings. However, in our case we will skip step one. The next time we hear from Colombia, they will be telling us which children they have matched us with and which region we will be traveling to. There will be no waiting between step 1 and 2. So naturally we are very excited!

Adios for now…

5 comments:

Genece said...

Beth & Eric,
That's such encouraging news about the adoption news hearing the potential timelines might be really soon. I have this suspicion you won't be in for much of a wait and God's going to give the green light soon -- so yes, read up and get all prepared because it'll be here before you know it! EXCITING!!!

Now Emi, you take care girly and do as the doctors tell you. My girls automatically look to their papi when it comes to any painful or scary situations too.

Keeping you in my prayers,
Genece

Jenn said...

I am so, so, SO excited to hear your news!! That's really great! I bet spring is just beautiful in Colombia. :) Praying for a quick referral for you guys!

peace and blessings,
jennifer

p.s. thanks for the encouragement yesterday...still haven't called but I think I'm calling today. :)

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I LOVE the pink cast....your sweetie has style! Spring in Colombia sounds wonderful! Maybe we'll see you there!

Laura S said...

Thats great news!! Can't wait to hear some news from you guys...
Laura

Sherri said...

Beth,

I am so behind in blogs! That is such exciting adoption news, Praise the Lord! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Yipee, so cool!

And we'll be praying for Emi, poor girl, at least it's not summer or right before you leave. It still stinks though.

Love,
Sherri