Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008 will be Great!!!


Happy New Year

2008 is going to be an awesome year!


We expect a referral sometime between March and September. It’s been just about 4 months since we sent in our paperwork and began the official wait. The time frame was 6 – 12 months, which means sometime between March and September we will be a family of six.

Hopefully all of you had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed your time with your family and friends. We had a very busy but enjoyable time. My mom made stockings for us to hang for our two new kids. She filled each one with a very soft teddy for us to give each of them. All we have left to do for the stockings is add their names. Then Santa left us a very sweet note with a prayer along with two angels for them. He also brought them in two other stuffed toys that light up and play music. So the family was good to us in helping us to include our two new children, even though they are not with us physically yet. They were definitely with us in spirit as the family got together.

As of January first I have had a new energy toward our wait. November and December were difficult; however, January brings new hope. November and December flew by, which made the last two months of waiting also fly by. So with turning the corner into January I could feel the closeness of being able to complete our family. I am ready to work on the kids rooms, make room in the closets and dressers, and get a suit case out to start adding things to. I started on the photo book that we want to take with us and have the website ready to order them small backpacks to stuff with goodies to give them when we meet them. We are just waiting on gender, ages and names to make the final touches.

At church this last week, God offered me encouragement that He is faithful to His word and that 2008 would be a wonderful year. Also, I have referred to His fingerprints being all over our adoption, and I mean that very literally. Well I had a dream, a very vivid vision of sorts, that He pulled our paperwork this week, kissed it, and placed it somewhere, where I am not sure. Then I saw the back of two small children, one a girl, the other I am not sure. They were our children no doubt and safe. Again, perfect peace that the timing is in His hands and assurance that we will meet our children in 2008 and bring them home for the rest of our family and friends to love too.

I’m just a little excited! I am feeling very anxious to see their faces!
More later…

2 comments:

Jenn said...

In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream at night; and God said, "Ask what you wish me to give you." I Kings 3:5

What a wonderful dream! Praying your referral comes closer to March than September!

peace and blessings,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Your dream sounds amazing. Your post is very inspirational and has uplifted my spirits today. I have been very down, especially today, as we wait to hear something...so thank you for sharing.

Your CHI Colombia partner in "wait",
Debi