Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Buddy Passes - Good News


I heard back from our agency about whether or not we could fly using our buddy passes that our dear friend gave to us. The agency said that it will be no problem. WhooHoo! They advise us to leave a few days early, just in case we run into trouble flying stand by, but that it’s really no problem. I was wanting to go a few days early anyway, just to allow Emi and Nate to acclimate to a foreign land. I want some time with just the two of them in Colombia before we introduce two new children to our family.

I realize now I may have confused some of you a tad bit by my verbage of “leaving early” so let me explain. Once we have been given a referral and we send our acceptance letter back to Colombia, the Colombian Government will assign us a “Gotcha Date”, the day we will meet our children. Generally you fly to Colombia a day or two before your “Gotcha Date”. But because we will be flying stand by with four of us on the way down, we will need to leave ourselves ample time incase we get bumped off of our flights.

I have complete peace about flying stand by. The tickets were given to us and however the flights work out will be fine with me. God has been in control of every detail so far, so why worry about our flights. I just can’t wait to get on the plane and go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This goes to show what faith in God will do! It is exciting to see new blogs from you - it means your children are getting closer to coming home.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are really working it!!! I'm learning from you guys so keep posting!!

Boyacheks said...

Thanks so much for your prayers! You guys have had some exciting news lately!! Things will happen before you know it!

Genece said...

Beth, keep the faith as it all the plans fall into place! Making airline reservations for our trip to Colombia were probably the worst factor and biggest headaches of our whole trip so I'm glad to hear you won't have to encounter such anguish! I spent many days trying to book flights down, then trying to come back 2 days before Christmas was the craziest (after we lost out on our connections back to the US because our sentencia was delayed). It's great to hear how your adoption plans are coming along! You'll want the extra few days to acquaint yourselves with Colombia and for that special bonding time before the family grows more. It's not really far off now!!! It's so exciting and we're happy to look in on your upcoming adventures!!!

Love, Genece