Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A penny for your thoughts



I must journal today, just because it is therapeutic. Plus, i want to be able to remember what the process felt like and posting on the blog will help me to keep track. So I will use my lunch time to post my thoughts.

Well this past weekend was our family party for Emi and Nate’s birthdays. Emi got all gift certificates as she asked. She wanted to go shopping. Sunday was the party, then Monday over the holiday just she and I went shopping. It was really great to have a day with just the two of us. Nate went to the office with Eric, who allowed him to take his new Wii to play all day. Nate was in heaven…at work with dad, playing Wii.

Emi was a lot of fun as we were shopping. She had a lot of questions for me about the adoption. The kids can feel the closeness of being able to bring home their siblings. She told me she has a hard time thinking about it because she wonders what they are doing, if they are being abused, are they still with their parents or in foster care, do they have enough to eat. She is having the same thoughts I am having, which is amazing to me. She told me that every night she looks out her window at the stars and wonders if they are okay. She cried when she was talking about it. She can hardly wait to go. She has some really mature thoughts about the whole deal. She said, “ I know it’s going to be hard being away from Mimi and the family for a whole month, and not eating what we want, but it will be worth it to be able to bring my siblings home and know they are safe.” She loves them and hasn’t even met them.

After realizing just how much she really does understand I decided to share some other folks blogs and photos of their Colombian children with her. I recently joined a yahoo group thru our agency. Everyone in the group has or is in process of adoption from Colombia. It has been so nice to hear the stories of others. At this very moment there are two families over there who are blogging daily and posting photos. It is so nice to have a visual of the place we will probably be staying and the general surroundings. One lady has been great in adding tid-bits about the closest stores, meal times, the agency staff there etc.

The place we will stay in Bogotá is a bed and breakfast type place that caters to families who are adopting. Meals, laundry etc are included in the price we will pay for the month we are there. So this lady was talking about what meal time is like, and the driving, and the house staff. Internet is included and a free phone to call home. I have been letting Emi read the blog, she loves to hear about the cultural stuff and see the photos of the house and the children. But then yesterday she came home from school and was kind of jittery. She said, “ mom I have to tell you that the weirdest thing happened today at school.” She said, “my mind just kept wondering off and I had to keep telling myself to focus. I just can’t stop thinking about it, I can’t make it stop!” She has a great sense of intuition that she knows something big is happening soon.

Real quick, before I sign off, we received the Tennessee items back and should get the Ohio items back any day, then off to be translated!

I feel better. Thanks for listening…smile!

No comments: