Friday, September 7, 2007

I Stand Amazed


Okay, since April when we received approval that CHI would allow us to start the adoption process with the, every time I see a plane I think of landing in Colombia. As of last night, every plane I see I almost gasp without realizing it. The next time we fly WILL be to Colombia. I see a plane and I smell the smells I remember from being in Central America and the sights.

All day yesterday and even this morning, I will just kind of giggle out loud. I am in utter awe of the blessings we have received. I imagine God smiling and shaking his head at me for ever doubting that he would follow thru. But really more than that, my giggle is that I know we are in the perfect will of God right now, and what a place to be and to know it without a doubt.

We knew God gave us a green light and told us to move forward on the adoption. But having no funds and no means to get the funds is almost, well stupid, risky, and a set up for an emotional disaster in human eyes. I guess my lesson in faith goes so much deeper than I realized. Yes, we did step out on faith, blindly doing what we felt was the right thing to do. But now, having seen God’s hand and his fingerprints on every paper and event so far in this process, we have moved to a new level of faith. To be honest, I often would change the subject or gloss over the financial part when people would inquire. I could give them a total of what it would cost, but was too afraid to speak any further. Eric had a hard time even talking about the adoption, I guess feeling it would happen so far away, knowing we did not have the money. But Eric is totally lit up and pumped now. He speaks of the children as if they are already ours and will be coming home next week. He has such a refreshed aura about him, how very nice to see.

Speaking of this new level of faith, it is hard to wrap my mind around, but knowing that our children are already born and in Colombia and that God has his eye on them and that when we receive our referral it is in His perfect timing, is so easy to believe in. Our house has a felling of peace but excitement. The time we spend waiting for “The Call” will be full of excitement but peace knowing God is moving all the pieces into place as this portion of our family puzzle completes.

One last thing…The yahoo group I joined has been such a blessing. One of the ladies sent us a note and at the end she said “ I am anxious to see how God scripts your story.” I love how she said it. It is such a story that has been perfectly scripted so far. I wish I could type from start to finish every little detail about our journey. It really is amazing. It would start with me meeting Eric and him telling me he wanted 12 children of our own and someday wanted to build and run an orphanage. Little did he know that two of the children of our own would be orphans that God would trust us with to care for and raise.

Maybe I will write a book…hee hee…like I will have time with four kids.

2 comments:

Ange said...

Hi fellow Ohioan! My hubby and I live in Columbus and are in the Colombia CHI program too! I'm so excited for your family getting all the paperwork finished! We are finishing up our homestudy this month and are getting more and more excited to bring our children home! We have a blog as well, but have to keep it private per my school's lawyer's recommendation to remove any online sites. You can email me at edugatorgirl@hotmail.com if you'd like to read it! :)

Juniper said...

Wow! You have been busy since the last time I was here.

You and your family have so many wonderful things going for you! I was 5 posts behind. So now that I am all caught up and with tears in my eyes...I am so excited for you! God does have a mysterious way about Him. He likes to be in control and has his own little way of informing us about that.

I think that of all of this entire process, the best part is how the kids are thinking about it as much as you are. All of the questions that Emi asks you, and the fact that they want to go...right now to meet them. You and your family have a love that most families would love to have. I can't wait for you all to get to go over there to bring home your new babies!! Infants or children...all the same. They will be your "babies". Just as Emily and Nate are your babies! They will recieve the same love your children have now!

All of my thoughts and prayers are with you!! Much Love!!!