Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Gotta Testify


God Is Good…All The Time!

Let me share our story. We just found out that an anonymous donation has been made to pay off the balance of our adoption. We have been asked to not share any details. But we can ask that you pray blessings back upon those who gave. Yes, you read that right, paid in full.

When God told us that it was time to start the process to bring the rest of our family home we struggled knowing the expenses that come along with adopting, especially knowing we were bringing home two, not just one. Eric said we had to save the $30 grand before we could start, that he felt God did not want us to take out a loan, then we came to a realization that God said GO, so we felt we had to move on. After struggling over this for a few weeks and feeling God say to trust him that he was taking care of it, we did move forward. The next day I went to McDonalds, my regular morning stop on Fridays. I was praying about the financial part of the adoption and how it just didn’t make any sense, we didn’t have the money and could no way save $30,000 in a year. When I pulled up to the window to pay for my breakfast, the lady said “The woman in front of you already paid for your breakfast.” God gently reminded me that He is in control and not to worry, the financial part would be taken care of.

Then I worried some more.

A few months later I was driving down the road on my way to work, listening to a Christian radio station. But not the one I normally listen to. Every song was for me and my struggle with faith. As I was pulling off the highway my radio started blaring and a song came on that was about not keeping God in a box. Again, a gentle reminder that God is listening and in control.

Then I worried some more.

We were at a point that we were going to owe $2000. We didn’t have it at the moment, but it was a reasonable amount to save that we felt we could pay the following month. Then my parents came home from visiting my grandmother who had given them the $2000 to give to us. She did not know we needed that money the exact week. Right on time.

Believe it or not…I worried some more.

I wrestled with the fact that we were trucking thru the paperwork and paying the few hundred here and there, but the rest of the money was out of our league, and Eric would not budge on the loan idea. I also didn’t feel it was the right avenue, but we were going to need the money real soon, and we didn’t have it. I applied for every grant out there, but we had no luck, it appeared we made too much money. So I cried and prayed and still felt God telling me to be patient, and just when I think it is going to be too late, we will see His hand move for us. Boy, it’s hard to be patient and just trust and have faith. So a few weeks ago I was going thru the drive thru at McDonalds on Friday for my breakfast and when I got to the window, the lady said, again, “ the woman in front of you just paid for your breakfast.” I about passed out! Another gentle reminder that God is still in control and hasn’t forgotten that we are going to be needing the money.

But I still worried. Obviously, I am not a fast learner.

Then I saw the shooting stars as I have already written about in a previous post. But this week our paperwork will all be back in our hands and ready to send off for translation. We needed to send about $5,300 along with our paperwork, next week, and we didn’t have it. You got it, I was about to freak out, but God continued to tell me to be patient.

Sure enough, God was faithful to his word, and the money has been provided. I had promised that I would testify on how great God is to us and how much he listens and cares about us. We just have to trust and believe in Him. I think I have had a lesson in faith.

The gentle reminders I have written in this blog are only a few. God has been very patient with Eric and I in our tendency to worry and try to take things in our own hands.

The only instructions that came with the donation were to go get our children and bring them home!

Thank you all for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here crying tears of joy for ya'll!!! God IS awesome! I'm so happy for all of you I can't stand it! Amen!

Bethany and Isaac said...

I hope you get this. My husband and I have always wanted to adopt our future kids, and just today I started really researching international adoption. I stumbled upon your blog and have read all the entries up to this as well, but this one just overwhelmed me. I don't even know you or your family and I am sitting here crying such happy tears for you. God is so amazing. I cannot wait to read all the rest of your entries and see how He has shown his love and grace to you more and more.

Thank you for the encouragement (we don't have the money either, nor will we in about a year or so when we begin the process) and reminder that it is all in God's hands. I pray that God continues to bless your family!