Friday, September 28, 2007

I will not leave you as Orphans, I will come to you (John 14:18)


The word from our CHI rep is that we should not expect to hear when our documents are translated and move to the hands of the ICBF. The adoption agency does not receive word when the paperwork moves to the next stage. So we don’t expect to hear anything for quite a while. This is really all the news I have. A few more folks from the CHI Adoption Yahoo Group have received their referrals. So hearing about their news and the things they are doing to prepare to travel has been fun.

I learned of a travel company that works specifically with adoption. I will be keeping this in mind when it’s our turn to travel.

Also, my grandma purchased a few more things for us to put in our bag as we are waiting. A few Bible coloring books, crayons and some fun cards.

The next few weeks are booked solid, every night of the week and the whole weekend will be taken up with football and cheer practice, games, cheer exhibition and cheer competitions. So I may have to take a day off work just to clean the house and keep with household chores. I am much too tired at 9 pm when we get home at night to sweep floors and clean bathrooms. Needless to say the photo album I want to take with us to Colombia will not be worked on until near the end of October.

One of my Spanish words/phrases of this week is… Te quiero (I Love You)!

2 comments:

Juniper said...

Wow! Don't know that you were expecting to NOT hear from anyone for a while. I know it would be nice to see where your paperwork is at, and when it is heading there. Guess you will just have to know that it is all in God's hands and He will have you with your new children when the time is right!

That was a great saying to post! One of the most important ones...I think!

Chin up! Sounds like you will have your hands full for a lil bit.

Anonymous said...

Great update to the Adoption process Eric and Beth!!! Hopefully like a good doctor.. you will have a ton of patients (hah,I've got a million of them)... sorry, that was lame. Everyone is very excited for you! Once your family additions are home, it will seem like the wait never happened... amazing how time plays games on our memories like that. God Bless your family... Great updates by the kids.