Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shooting Stars


All paperwork is out of our hands and in the hands of the states. We are just waiting on KY, TN and Butler County OH to send our items back all certified, I should have them by early next week. When the Butler County items come back to us we will have to send them to the State of OH and wait for them to come back again. So all in all we are looking at around Sept 10th having all paperwork in our hands, IF everything goes quickly in Ohio.

I think my mom is going more crazy than me with the waiting. She makes all the grandkids Christmas Stockings and Eater Baskets, but doesn’t want to start on anything until she knows the gender. Even today she was talking about Christmas. I always host Christmas at our house, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! But mom said she or my sister would host it, that Eric don’t need the extra stress of hosting Christmas while we are preparing for the kids. I told her that the stress is over for now, the paperwork is done. If we travel before Christmas we will know in Nov. The Colombia system shuts down at Christmas till the new year, so no one travels the weeks of Christmas to adopt. Anyway, it would be a true miracle for us to receive a referral so quickly, as early as November! The more likely possibility is next spring (My fingers are crossed for a miracle…NOV!).

Last Friday night I was really struggling with how we were going to finance the adoption and how to make it happen quickly. All day long God showed me different things in other people’s lives that he had taken care of and in His timing. It was really amazing and I knew, once again, he had not forgotten us. As I am writing this, I am realizing I have not shared the many testimonies I have witnessed to this point regarding Him showing me that this was all in his timing and working according to his plan. Anyway, I worked late that night and arrived home around 10:30 pm. I went inside to grab the dog and take her out to potty. When we got outside I realized how clear the sky was, it was a beautiful night full of stars. (I recently was explaining the kids that Colombia is on the same time as us, but the do not follow Daylight Savings Time. I was telling them that if we look at the moon and the stars and if in Colombia there is a clear sky, that our kids there can look at the same moon and stars we do and at the same time. They thought that was cool.) Anyway, as I was standing there with the dog I started thinking how long it has been since I saw a shooting star, probably back in high school was the last time. I said a quick prayer that I would like to see a shooting star again. No sooner than the prayer left my mind, I saw not one, but two shooting stars! One for each of the kids we are anxious to bring home. God quietly reminded me that he hears our prayers and is still in control.

Time to run out and try to beat the kids home from school.

No comments: