Friday, August 10, 2007

Little by Little

Little by little we are getting back the items we sent to be authenticated/apostilled. Once we get everything back from the counties in Ohio, we then have to send them to the Secretary of State in Ohio for final authentication. We have not been able to send our items notarized by Butler County yet, because we still do not have the PSY report back. It is written, but we are waiting for the adoption agency to check it over to be sure nothing needs added. I was hoping that it would be ready to notarize today, but no luck. The PSY report will be notarized in Butler County, so we have to wait. I imagine by the time we get it, send it to Butler County Clerk of Courts for approval, wait to get them back, then send all Ohio items to the Sec. of State for approval and wait to get them back again, we may be looking at the end of August or early September before we are ready to send everything of for translation.

The items will actually be sent to Colombia to be translated. The cost of translation is $750. I just found out this week that I am expecting a check from a raise I didn't know I was recieving, and the back pay check will equal about $700. God is Good!

So, I guess this is where I learn more patience. I have done all I can do for now and must be patient and wait. In the meantime, I need to start making a list of what I will need between now and the time we travel. I need to get a larger memory card for my camera and want to research a digital video camera to take with us. We have an older video camera that takes the small VHS tapes. Taking a smaller video camera that uses a small CD would be ideal. I also want to put together a photo album of family, friends, pets, activities etc to take with us to share with the kids before we get home. The photo pages we sent them are a brief look at our family, but nothing extensive. I want to buy some bubbles, and other small toy items that will be handy when we go too that are good for kids of all ages.

I will try to post the photo pages we are sending over soon. I uploaded the photos, but the computer I am on will suddenly not let me post pictures on the blog. It is blocking it for some reason. Eric and I will be out of town until late on Tuesday, so maybe Wednesday night I can put the photos on.

Thank you for the emails you all are sending. You are all so encouraging.

No comments: