Friday, August 17, 2007

Slight Hold Up


I recently learned that Eric and my birth certificates are too old to have authenticated. Does that make us antique?? I had sent Eric’s to the KY Secretary of State, they called me and told me that it was old and I would have to get a new one with a current date in order for them to authenticate it. I have to do the same for mine. So I ordered Eric’s and should have it by mid week, next week. Then I will re send it to the KY Sec. of State. I went this morning and waited in line to get mine, same day service. Also, one of our notaries we were told was registered in Ottawa County. The County called me and said she was actually registered with Hamilton County. So they are sending me that form back and I will have to send it to Hamilton County.

We still have several items to be sent to Butler County but are waiting on the approval of the Psychological report. The main person over the Colombia program from our adoption agency is checking over it. This is a very important piece that is looked at and must be just right. As soon as the Dr. gets the approval it will be notarized and we can send it off. Again, once all of our OH items are back in our hands we will send it to the Ohio Sec of State. So by the time all of the paperwork is sent off and returned, I still anticipate another 3 weeks at least before we are able to send everything to be translated.

Our representative from our adoption agency emailed me this week. I have copied part of her correspondence for you to read. It reads as follows: “You are well on your way. I looked over the psychological and it looks very good; I am having Julie in the Oregon office look it over to verify that it is okay and will let the Doctor know ASAP. We are very, very close!!” (These were exciting words for us to hear!)

I had a mini breakdown this week, just feeling overwhelmed with life and knowing our children are so far away and we just have to be patient. I always have a mini breakdown in August, with the kids birthdays and them going back to school, I just hate it. Before we know it they will be off to college, then starting families of their own. Time flies…but yet I am having a hard time with patience. Ironic! Anyway, I guess I just let my emotions flow, having to wait on these items to be apostilled seems to be taking forever. Once our paperwork is in Colombia and we have to wait, the wait is a bit more exciting, and I will have so much to do here to prepare to help the time go by. Not to mention that Aug – the first part of Nov is crazy busy with Football and Cheerleading. Those months fly by.

One last note on the positive side, things in Colombia are moving very quickly for families who have there paperwork in Colombia and are waiting. Colombia has changed their process in how they release orphans from their country. This is great for all of us on this end, because people currently waiting are receiving their referrals. Basically that means it will be a shorter wait time for us who are getting ready to send over our paperwork because there won’t be as many people ahead of us.

Patiently waiting, for now!

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Wow! Pictures being sent. Paperwork being completed. You and your family are well on your way of becoming complete!!! Keep your chin up...You have God and so many people on your side!