Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Really?

Yes, I know it’s been a while…again. I just have the hardest time finding time to sit down and post.


So…our holiday was awesome! We had our re adoption hearing on Dec 22, so that was a nice gift for us. It feels good to have it all complete.

Jessica ended up being Jessica Ann. She writes her name, Jessica Ann, on all her school papers, it’s so cute. When the hearing was over the judge asked the kids if they had anything to say. Jessica spoke right up with a big “Thank You!” On the way there Joaquin asked if they had to go back to La Maria now, and we told them again they were with us forever and no more court stuff. On our last photo pages I made for our adoption reports for Colombia, I explained that Colombia wanted to see how they are doing and growing. I think they are finally really letting it sink in that they are here forever. Even though we tell them, they are just young enough and just old enough at the same time for it to be confusing. Now they comfortably talk about wanting to see their friends at La Maria and want to go back to visit. I tell them we have to pray for their friends to be put with forever families like us.

Anyway, the kids all had a great time spending time with all of the family. We got to see everyone and didn’t even have to travel, they all came to us! The kids got way too much stuff, but let me tell ya, Jess and Joaquin play with everything they received and they love it all.

Today was back to school and I’m kind of looking forward to the routine again and getting the house back to normal. I love love love the holidays and this year was sure a lot of fun, but I’m ready for 2009, for Spring and for our big Disney trip this summer! But I can hardly believe in just a few weeks it will mark a year since we got the referral call about J and J. Wow, 2008 flew by! And Jessica’s birthday is coming up and we haven’t gotten to celebrate her birth yet so that will be a great day. My mom and dad got them each baby rings. Joaquin’s has his initials on it and Jessica’s has her birthstone in the middle, Eric’s birthstone on one side and mine on the other. Very Cool!

I could go on and on, but really all I need to say is we have had an amazing 2008 and feel so very blessed by our friends and family who have offered so much support this last year.

2008 in a few words…A year of miracles, inspiration…humbling!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are awesome. It is really hard to believe it has been that long since your incredible journey began!

Erin said...

Have a wonderful 2009, too! Love all the pictures and the great update. Congratulations on your re-adoption!

THE CALDERARO'S said...

Love those awesome family pictures!! Especially, the final adoption hearing. That will be a treasured memory indeed. Congrats to you all. It looks like Santa Claus gave the Hollis' a wonderful first Christmas together. May there be many, many more.

The Jensen Family said...

Jessica looks like she's a few years older and Joaquin looks like he's grown quite a bit. It was so good to see the picture updates and hear that all went great for the holidays. Can't wait to hear about your first birthday celebration with Jess. It will be a very exciting day!

Traci

D and Moni said...

Oh my goodnes, it sure seems like it was just a few months ago, not a year since you have been home with the kids. I loved following your blog when you were in Colombia! I also understand how hard it is to get a chance to sit down to blog...i forgot what it was like to check out my facebook, or watch a tv show i love or even talk on the phone. I am writing this close to midnight and know how tired i will be tomorrow, but I want so badly to keep up with everyone. Congratulations on Finalizing the Adoption here in the states! It breaks my heart to hear them still asking if they will be sent back. I know it's normal, but it will just kill me to hear that from Alex or Jeni in a year. I am so encouraged by your family and all your kind and supportive comments on our blog..thank you for the peace of mind you have offered our family through this wonderful and challenging journey!!!
monica

Genece said...

It's always such a pleasure reading your monthly update and taking in all the pictures you post. I just can't believe how much the kids grow and change even in a month's time! It's just too precious! Sending many warm wishes and blessings for a great 2009!