Saturday, May 3, 2008

Our Last Saturday in Bogota?

Last night I was running a slight fever again and Sweet Lucrecia was sure to take care of me. She saw at dinner that I must not have been feeling well and questioned what was wrong. I was coughing some and so it wasn´t so hard to figure out. Then just about time to go to be we hear a knock on the door. It was sweet Lucrecia with a hot cup of something for me. At dinner she ordered me to zip up my sweater to keep my chest warm. Then she told me what the concoction was she made, I have no idea what it was, and told me to drink it hot just before I laid down to sleep. Then she corded me to wear socks to bed and cover everything but my face and let myself sweat. She went on for a minute or two, it was so sweet. So just before I laid down I drank down what she gave me, put some socks on and started to lay down. Then Jessica comes over to be sure I have followed all orders from Lucrecia. She checked to see if I had socks on and retold me what Lucrecia had said. It was so very cute. Sure enough this morning I was feeling better. My cough is less but productive, Thanks Lucrecia!

When the kids woke up this morning they were all so excited. Joaquin went straight to the picture book and said Tia Jeanie and pointed to her picture. He asked me if she was on the plane. Then Jessica counted the days we have with Tia Jeanie here. When she gets to Thursday she crosses her fingers and then whispers Friday or won´t say Friday at all. We told them we hope to fly home Friday, but she has it in her mind that we may have a change for Thursday.

We just played around this morning. Jessica became a Doctor and checked us all out.

Then we played restaurant. Jessica was the server and Emi was the cook. She came around and took all of our orders then turned them into Emi. The boys ordered pizza, so Jessica played like we were at Archie's Pizza and went thru the motions with the boys. It was nice to see them all play together and have a good time.

I told them we could have movie time in the upstairs room on the big TV. So we watched Lilo and Stitch, and everyone was still and quiet for the whole movie. Nice break for Mami!
Emi and Joaquin intent on the movie


Then Emi hung some signs around the room to welcome Tia Jeanie and then we went to lunch.

At lunch Joaquin decided to test the waters a bit. I knew he would when Eric left and today was the day. It wasn’t major, but he knows mom is serious and he has to listen to me. We had food that he has had before, but he refused to eat and cried because the Senora gave him soup. Then he put a few pieces of meat in his mouth and spit it on the floor. So I asked him to pick it up and he refused. I told him he would have 5 min on his bed if he didn’t pick it up. He still refused, after several times of trying to get him to oblige. He still refused to eat and so I told him he would not be able to play the whole time at the park if he didn’t eat. He gave me this infamous shoulder shrug of his to say he didn’t care. So needless to say he did his time on his bed, then we loaded up to the park and he had to sit for the first 15 minutes, which turned into 20 because he wouldn’t stop crying and had to stop crying before he could play. Once she stopped I gave him a kiss and asked him if he understood. He said, “yes, I have to listen to mami.” Then we had a great time at the park, all the kids played well together, better than I have seen yet.

Each time Jess would see an airplane this afternoon she stopped in her tracks and asked about Tia Jeanie. After the park we went back to Mimo’s for ice cream and some play time in the balls and on the slides. Of course Joaquin was starved and wolfed his down. They had a great time playing. It was just about time to go and Joaquin and Jessica went down a tube that goes to the bottom floor that leads to outside. I was standing at the loft where the larger play are is and was watching them. Jessica went all the way down and straight to the steps to come back up stairs. Joaquin put on his latino strut and started out the door. I called his name and he didn’t turn around. He was going slow, just being silly, he didn’t understand the danger. After Jessica and I called his name a few times, I flew down the steps and snatched him up. I called for all the kids to get their shoes on, it was time to go anyway. Jessica said “Ah Joaquin, you need to listen to Mami!” Joaquin didn’t fuss much, he knew.

On the way out of Mimo’s we ran into another Chi family. I hadn’t seen their baby yet so I was great to see them for a few min. Too bad I have a cough, I didn’t want to get too close to her.

We headed home and realized we had been out for over 3 hours. A nice afternoon out of the house.






Also, Lucia called and said she was heading up a trip to the park we had already been to. I told her we would have to pass, because we had already been there. Plus I think Jeanie will like going to the market anyway.

Jeanie made all of her flights on stand by and is flying first class to Bogota! What a treat!

This evening should be pretty uneventful, just dinner, baths, put the little ones to bed and Emi, Nate and I will wait up to see Tia Jeanie. She is to land around 8:45 so I expect to see her some time between 10 or 11. Lucia just called to double check the time for Andres to pick her up.

Tomorrow if the weather is good we are off to the market.
From Bogota…we are really counting down now!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

It seems hard to believe that it's almost time for you to come home already. I'm sure it's different for you, though. Especially now with Eric back at home.

We're still praying for you guys. :)

peace and blessings,
jenn

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the kids in the tree and the one of their backs as they are walking away holding hands. It sounds like the kids are bonding really well.

I hope you are feeling better as each day passes. I'm sure it will help having Jeanie there with you.

I pray you will soon be on that plane heading home.

Love and Prayers,
Margie

hagerty said...

Wow the pictures of the kids today spoke a thousands words. They seem so much more relaxed with each other. Awesome. Enjoy your family. I continue to pray for you guys.

Jan in Alaska

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I love that last picture...it is priceless! It was so wonderful to see Emi and Jessica holding hands today at Mimo's. It really warmed my heart! I hope you all will get home soon! Have fun at the market tomorrow!
Debi

Anonymous said...

glad you got down there alright jeanie but behave yourself and dont get those children in any trouble. enjoy your experience and we are all soooo jealous of you. take care of beth and give everybody some love for me. miss you all terribly and i usually only say that about my mom. love aunt and uncle bud

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Love the pics! And especially the last photo! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Hang in there Super Mami!

The Jensen Family said...

So glad Tia Jeannie is coming to break up the monotony and give you some sanity. : ) I know you really must be looking forward to seeing someone familiar who can be a support system. I see that Jessica and Joaquin wear jackets/long sleeves almost every day. What is the temperature there? Have you had many sunny days? Keep counting down those days!

Traci

Juniper said...

I am loving all of your pics that you share with us! My favorite would definately have to be the one of them all walking, with their backs to us and holding hands! I am glad that they are all getting along much better now. And even though Joaquin tested the waters today, I am glad that it was nothing huge or major. Just a lil bit of listening.

Aunt Jeanie - I hope you made it in safe. Take care of Beth and the kids until you can all come home safe and sound!! I am glad that you can experience this all with them for their last week there!

Thanks Beth for sharing your day and your journey with us who are still back at home...waiting for your safe arival back home!

Love and Prayers!
Hugs!!!

Laura S said...

Looks like you finally got your good pictures of the 4 kids! The ones from today are great!!