Thursday, May 8, 2008

Are we there yet?

Not much going on today. It rained off and on all morning. Both Jessica and Joaquin tried to see what would happen if they don’t listen to Mami today on a few occasions, they just needed a reminder I guess, but it was nothing big.

Here is Joaquin in time out on his bed, this is his pouty face.


Last night when we put the kids to bed Jessica asked to sleep with Joaquin. We told her no, that she still needed to sleep in her own bed. I set her in her bed and covered her up. She began to cry, not a fit, just crying. I don’t even know if there were tears. Anyway she fussed for a good 30 to 45 minutes and then all of the sudden stopped and very calmly said, “Ya (ja), Listo.” Then rolled over and went right to sleep. An English translation would basically be, “I’m sick of hearing myself and will now go to sleep,” or “Ok, enough of that, I’m ready to go to sleep now.” Jeanie and I just looked at each other and started laughing. Just proof that she was crying just to cry, nothing wrong really, she just wanted/needed to cry.

I don’t have many pics today either. The kids had a pillow fight and a new family arrived today and met their son, so there was a small party to welcome them. Other than that, we watched movies and just hung out. This morning I lost one of my contacts, it popped right out of my eye, so I will be in glasses the rest of my time here. And, well, I think that’s it really. Sorry. I think my brain was tired today, not much processing and not a lot of creativity.



We had Carmen explain to Jessica and Joaquin that we are still waiting on a few papers in order to take them to the US. Also, that Jeanie, Nate and Emi would be flying home on Saturday and we would go home a few days later. The both understood and didn’t have any questions really. Joaquin put on a frown for a few minutes but quickly popped out of it and is fine.

Then around 8:30 tonight Lucia called. She said she had one of the birth certificates in hand and the other is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Friday). She said if she gets it by 10 as she expects, that she will call us and David will take us to the passport office to process the passports. But it has to all happen by noon or the passport office can’t help us until Monday. If all the cards fall right we will be home no later than Wednesday. There is a slight possibility of us coming home on Tuesday, but Lucia said to plan for Wed. We will just have to see how things go.

Emilee and Nate are so excited they are coming home. They should arrive at 6:45 pm Saturday in Cincinnati if they get on all the flights without any trouble. Then back to school on Monday. Emilee has dance on Tuesday, Nate has baseball practice Tuesday and Thursday and a baseball game on Wednesday. Coming home to “full speed ahead!”

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!

So good night from Bogota, just a few posts left from South America.

Sorry mom, Jeanie took a pic of me with the kids, but it was not so good. But here they are with Lucrecia.

5 comments:

Juniper said...

Sounds like a good day overall. Not much going on but that is alright. Sometimes we need a day of rest to recoop from stressing out. You have had a lot going on these past few days. I am glad that you got the word that you have one of the birth certificates in hand. It seems like knowing that it is all in His hands and plan has made things move a little bit faster. I am glad to hear that Emi and Nate are excited to be coming home. It doesn't sound like things have changed though. Coming home to a schedule as crazy as when they left. LOL

I am glad that there were no big tantrums today. They are doing so well!

I hope you get the news you need tmr to get everything moving a lil bit faster! I can't wait til you can come home and bring your Columbian jewels with you!!!

The pictures today were great too! Love the pillow fight! LOL

Keep your spirits up! You are all doing great!!

Love and Prayers!
Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Beth Hang in there just keep trusting in the Lord.
(Proverbs 3:5&6). I want to send some words of encouragement.. I can feel your feeling down in the post.. and actually this is the first one I read with all that has gone that I could here you being down as I read. It is totally understandable and I know I would be at my wits end.. but when we get there we have to stop and remember God is in control and he knows what he is doing.
I believe and trust God he is going to move and things will progress for you.
I am sure you are feeling like it is just time to go home.. and yes it is.. we can't wait to have your whole family together back home in the states.. we love you all

the kids looked like they enjoyed the pillow fight..

Jeanie Emi and Nate, May God's blessings and favor be on you as you travel home on Saturday. We pray you make every flight to get home at the expected time. Have a safe flight!!

Beth and J&J Look forward to hearing all the paperwork is done and you are on your way home to meet up with the rest of you clan... it won't be long now.

Hang in there and Know it is all working out as planned.. amen?

The Potter Family

Anonymous said...

Wow, the kids are coming back to a full schedule. It may be a blessing that they will have a few days to adjust and settle in before Jessica and Joaquin come home.

Do Jessica and Joaquin understand what Mother's Day is? This will be their first real Mami's Day! I hope the 3 of you will do something special on Sunday. It will be a day they will remember forever! They are so fortunate to have such a wonderful mommy! Please have someone take a picture of you and the kids on Mother's Day.

I continue to pray for quick signatures on those papers so you can get back home.

Take in all you can on these final days. You are making awesome memories for yourself and these beautiful children.

Jeanie, Emi and Nate - have a safe trip home!

Love and Prayers!
Margie

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord, things are starting to move again. I'd like to take this moment to thank all the wonderful folks who have been so great about sending the Hollis family such encouragement and uplifting prayers. Not only has it been a blessing for them but also a blessing to their extended family (especially me, Beth's mom).Your kindness and time to stick with them through all of this has been incredible. I can never thank all of you enough for what it has meant. We all are so very blessed that God has put you in our lives, in one way or another. All of you are precious jewels from the Lord, just like Jessica and Joaquin. May God's blessings be poured out abundantly upon all of you as it has been on us. A million times over- THANKS!
Beth please heed to Margie's request, as well as mine, get someone to take lots of pictures with you and kids, especially on Mother's Day, they will thank you for it , in later years. They need all the good memories they can accumulate , while they are young, because they already missed out on so much. Be sure to make up for lost time for them this weekend. Spoil them, spoil yourself. Do lots of holding, rocking, kissing, singing and just being plane silly together. This is a great gift from God. He wants you and them to have a very special time, on this Mother's Day. He knows exactly what he is doing, so please it enjoy it to the fullest. Wow Jessica and Joaquin you get to finally celebrate Mother's Day with your Mom, alleluia, that is awesome! Emi and Nate I can hardly wait until Sat. evening to get my arms around you both. We are so very anxious to have you home. Bunches of love, hugs and kisses, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! What do you think the chances are that Sofia and I could hide in one of your suitcases? Take us with you PLEASE!!!