Monday, November 12, 2007

All I Really Want For Christmas

With this being National Adoption Month, I have been putting a lot of thought to the questions that may be asked by others as they see our multi-cultural family. I wish I could put into words what God as put into our hearts. These children are as much "ours" as our biological children are "ours."

We are so anxious to get our arms around them and bring them home. Having a heart for adoption is something I am so thankful for. Having family and friends who are supportive of our hearts call has been amazing and for that we are also thankful.

Below is a video that I watch over and over.

Steven Curtis Chapman, who also has adopted children and has many songs that are related to adoption and orphans has one specific song that I just love. I heard this song last Christmas called "All I Really Want For Christmas" which is right about the time that God was telling us to move forward to bring the rest of our family home. I then came across this song posted with photos on YouTube and saved it to my blog to post around Christmas this year. For some reason it seems right to post it now. I noticed it was posted on another families blog this week too, so I am not the only one who finds this close to my heart.

Click on the link below

YouTube - All I Really Want For Christmas: ""

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Wow! What a powerful song! Especially with the pictures showing too. What a perfect song for your situation. You will be with the rest of your family before too long. I know the wait must seem endless, but it will be over soon enough! :-)