Monday, December 3, 2007

Feliz Navidad


December Already?! How ironic…since time can’t go fast enough for us to receive a referral.

No word for the Hollis’ in November. Upon submitting our dossier we were given two different time lines, one much shorter than the other with hope that we would hear of approval in early November. However, now November has passed and still not a word. As much as I want to hear something from Colombia I can still say that I have great peace that God is orchestrating our adoption, our family.

It is especially difficult to celebrate the holidays knowing how close we are to bringing our family home. I wonder if anyone has told them the meaning of Christmas? Will they have a gift to open? Will they feel the spirit of Christmas? My prayer for them each night as I lay my head on my pillow is to give them a good nights rest, to feel peace and joy in their hearts to keep them strong. For the caregiver(s) to have patience and guidance from above to care for our children as they wait for us. I pray they have a loving hand offered to them when they need comforted or someone to laugh with them when they are being silly. Gee Whiz…I just can’t wait to get a photo of their faces, hear their names and bring them home.

With the holiday season all around us I think daily about what I am thankful for. What a blessed life I have. My list would be much to much to include. However, with this being a site for our adoption I can make mention of things that would relate. Actually, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the goodness and faithfulness that God has shown since we have started our journey. Each and every detail has been so amazing and great testimony for us to be able to give. I still can’t believe our adoption is paid in full, how awesome is He to tell us to adopt and then to pay for the process in full! Think about that. It’s really just that simple…trust and obey and He will take care of the details. It sounds so easy, but yet faith is often times the hardest thing we deal with. His hand in our financial part, really every part, of our adoption process so far, is why I have complete peace that His fingerprints are all over our paperwork in some pile, on some desk in Colombia. He has two children picked out especially for our family and has it all timed out perfectly. How could I doubt that after He has proven Himself bigger than I could have imagined.

Well, Feliz Navidad! Enjoy the holiday season. Don’t take the time you have with your family and friends for granted, soak in every gathering, capitalize on moments placed in front of you and be the Spirit of Christmas for those around you.

3 comments:

Juniper said...

Wow! It is good to see another blog. Even though not much more has happened...it is nice to hear from you.

November has come and gone and still nothing from Columbia, but maybe all those feelings that you were having were not meant for this past November. What if they are for November 2008? Or even to say that against all of your feelings, it has nothing to do with November at all?!

Have you heard of any more families going to Columbia recently? Your family's turn is going to come up soon enough. When the time is right, you will be notified and get to meet your new little ones!!

Merry Christmas Hollis Family!!

Laura S said...

Your time will come and it will be the right time. I worried so much more than I needed to about so many things. It all worked out perfectly in the end and we got the little one who I know we were meant to have. He is exactly what we wanted and the timing was perfect for us. Enjoy your time together because once you get that call it will get really crazy. Happy Holidays.

David and Sheila Derr said...

Hey Beth, you are such a source of encouragement on the CHI Colombia site! I (Sheila) hope you feel the same encouragement in return! Dave and I continue to pray for the many families that are waiting, yours included.

May you experience God's presence and peace during the upcoming holiday season! May you relish in the time you have as a family of four in the upcoming week or so.

Much Love,
The Derrs