Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just a few pics

My mom, sister and I took the kids to Disney on Ice. I've never seen Joaquin sit so still for so long, he was memorized. They are having so much fun and we are having fun watching them grow.


Halloween for Jess and Joaquin was a treat. They had a ball.


Eric and Nate on the bus before Nate took off to his Superbowl game. His team won again, what an exciting day. Nate played the entire game, offense and defense. His team has won 4 years in a row against the same team. And once again he was one of the 4 captains for the final game.



My family are big hunters. We love deer meat, but Eric doesn't have a chance to hunt. So I always have to hope my dad, brother and sister get enough deer to share each year. Nate has gone hunting for several years with my dad, but was never old enough to hunt on his own, shoot with his own gun. So this year we took him and my nephew to the hunter safety classes and they got their hunting permits. Nate was so excited to go in the woods with his gun. It's youth week in Ohio this week, so my Dad took Nate out and my brother took my nephew to the woods.

Remember that gun Nate got in a pic a few posts ago? Well he put it to good use today. Nate's first deer. He told me before the went hunting "Mom, I want to fill your freezer!" Well, he's off to a good start!

4 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Yeah, a Hollis post! Love your family post! Love the pics! Poor Bambi! I love deer meat, too, just hate to think of the process of getting it on the table.

Nate is really growing up! As well as the others! They look cute in their costumes! Thanks for sharing!

THE CALDERARO'S said...

Hi Guys
Congrats to Captain Nate and his Superbowl win. Yipee! Also, remind me to email you about my deer story. I surely could have used a class. J&J looked so cute in their outfits. Bet they were handmade:) We have seen your awesome work. Thanks for sharing your great pix.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a total stranger and found this site. This is a very nice log. From the post it looked like you were going thru the visa process. Fiancee? I am going thru this process. From the time the NVC processes your paperwork and they send it to the Bogota embassay. How long before they gave you a notice. We submitted ours back in July. The website said 6 monthes, so I hope they will complete before things slow down for Christmas holidays and staff takes vacation. I heard it was 30 days +/- after they forward to Bogota. What was your experience. Also, would you know any resources for marriage councilors? I want to get our marrige off in the right direction, i would feel good if we could sit and talk with someone about our cultural differences and get advice on having good communication skills. Any thoughts....? Thanks for your time, Mike

Unknown said...

I'm sorry... I just reqalized that you guys adopted kids from Colombia. Sorry to get confused.... Very nice! Any advice would still be appreciated. Hope you had a nice Holiday!