Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Enduring the Wait




I was feeling a bit discouraged yesterday evening and this morning, and feeling guilty for feeling discouraged. I think I have gotten myself back on track now.

One of my yahoo sisters has waited 3 years for a referral for a baby. She just received word that she will most likely travel in November and be home for the holidays, I was so excited for her, she is super sweet and God has had me praying for her and her family. Their little treasure is going to be a real treat, I think they are going to be surprised what God has in store for them by adding this jewel to their family. I just really feel God impressing on me how special this little guy is and what a joy he is going to bring to their family. Another family who had sent their dossier to Colombia one week before us, requesting 3 siblings, just found out that they may also have a referral coming in the next week or two. Not to mention another yahoo sister who I also feel very dearly towards has received her referral for a sib group of 3 after waiting well over a year (due to some mishaps) and will be traveling in Nov. So maybe I am feeling a bit left out. I honestly don’t feel it is our time to travel, but I would just love to have a simple word from Colombia…something as simple as your docs have been translated and in the hands of the ICBF, we will get to them soon. Sounds silly to be discouraged, and I guess I have to kick myself in the butt because we have only been waiting a month and a half. Some of these families have waited years.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord...plans to give you a hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11


I really do have peace about the timing and Emi is hopeful for a referral by Christmas (knowing we won’t travel till January if that is the case). That would actually be ideal for me. Having several weeks to prepare to travel and prepare the house would be perfect for me, especially since I have a few weeks vacation in Dec. But…we will wait and see. I am just thinking positive thoughts, but reality is that according to the agencies time line we will not be called on to travel until late spring at the very earliest. So I better get used to just being excited for those families who receive referrals and travel between now and our time. And it truly is exciting to watch their stories unfold. Our time will come and it will be perfect!

He said to them: It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority. Acts 1:7

On a lighter note, Mamaw, Eric’s mom, bought Emi and Nate each Elementary Spanish level 1 workbooks. The kids have been excited to start working on them and are learning new words. Things are going to slow down for us quite a bit in about 2 weeks, so I plan to incorporate Spanish lessons at least 3 times a week for myself and the kids. The workbooks will really help.

I think that’s about it on our end.

Thanks to those of you who have signed the guestbook. It’s nice to know who’s keeping up on our journey.

3 comments:

Juniper said...

Wow! How exciting for the families that get to travel now. I know that the wait seems to be long lasting, but you will be there soon enough. The processing of everything has moved so quickly for your family up to this point. The waiting game is not so much fun, or easy, but it will be y'alls turn soon enough! :-) Tomorrow is the first day of November. You still have the entire month to hear anything.

Patience is a virtue.

Work on your Spanish. That can be something that you all do as a family once the season slows down for you and the kids. :-)

Keep your chin up!! :-D

Dan and Karen said...

It really is just like everyone says - the waiting seems to take forever and then in an instant it's over and you're home starting a new and wonderful life!

Karen

Genece said...

Beth, you've been in my thoughts so much lately and I just need to tell you what a a great inspiration you've been! My wait was so extremely hard to endure at times, but it was through meeting great people as you and the other Yahoo Girls & praying for so many families that helped carry me through. God has great plans for you and your family Beth, and we cannot wait to share in your joy when it comes! And it'll be here before you know it -- God is so very faithful!
Keep the faith! Many blessings, Genece