Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just for fun

I had some pics taken of the kids at a local park, just some candid shots by Mandy Niehause www.mandypaige.com so I thought I would share.

Other than taking pics, we've been doing stool samples and taking medicine to try and get rid of 2 kinds of intestinal parasites the kiddos have and going for a skeletal survey. With the abuse that was noted in the paperwork, the International Adoption Clinic suggested we do this skeletal survey to note any trauma they have had to their skeletal system. That way if they ever get hurt while with us, we will have documentation of any trauma that happened before they were with us. Pretty smart acutally. Apparently a family here in Cincinnati had adopted, then went to the ER for a broken bone and it was found that there were other injuries that were never documented. The kids were taken from them immediately. You can imagine what a mess that was. The trauma had happened before the adoption, but the couple had no proof.

Everyone is ready for school to start and they all have their backpacks ready and by the door. I started back to work, just a few hours a week until Sept. Kind of trying to ease into things a bit.

Okay, well enough of that, here's the pics!











10 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh wow, Beth - they are all just beautiful! I love the matching outfits. Everyone looks great!

great idea about the skeletal survey...one that I'm sure I never would have thought of but will now file away in case I ever need to recall it. :)

peace and blessings to you all!

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Love the pictures...they are all just beautiful! I have problems coordinating clothes for pics! I must take some pointers from my blogging buddies! Great photos! I miss your posts, my sista!

Ange said...

Beautiful pictures!!

THE CALDERARO'S said...

Those photos are fabulous. They all look like little models. Nate, I chuckled at the one where you are "flexing". What wonderful memories you have captured!!

Laura S said...

Great photos... They all look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! The kids look great and the backgrounds are perfect!

Margie

Erin said...

LOVE the pictures! I'll have to remember the huge sucker idea- maybe when the boys are older than tow, though:) Could be a little messy!

Anonymous said...

All the kids look great! Im so glad all is well. Love you all, Jena Marie

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful!! Best of luck as school resumes next week!

Juniper said...

Thanks for sharing the pics Beth! They are great!

I'm sure that school will be different for them but they will settle right into that as they have everything else.

Skeletal survey...good idea! How tramatizing for that other family!!

Best of luck!!