Friday, July 13, 2007

Reality Sets In


We finally have an appointment with the Psychologist…July 19th, next week!!! I finished the photo pages last night. It was fun. I took pictures of the individual pages, maybe I can post them for you to see. I will play around with it. These pages will be given to our children as they wait for us to travel. There are photos of the house and family. Originally we planned to include photos of everyone on both sides of the family…that’s a lot of people. So I spoke to the social worker about it and she said to just make it of us 4 plus the cousins they will see all the time and of my mom and dad because that will be their caretakers when we need someone. Including everyone may be a bit overwhelming.

I have to tell you…I am an emotional mess this week. I cry at the drop of a hat. It’s like being pregnant, your hormones are out of control and you cry at anything. I guess I just can’t believe that we are within about 2 weeks of being able to send everything off for translation and then soon after to Colombia. At the beginning of this process I had to not allow my mind to wonder, but now that the paperwork is nearly finished, I can’t stop myself. I wonder if they have a bed to sleep in, are they fed enough, what are their names, why are they orphans, did they get hurt today, who takes care of them and so on and so on. I have been having the most vivid dreams of the day we meet them and how our family of 4 will be 6.

Okay, now I have a favor to ask of all of you. We knew this day was coming and this is the time when the big bucks are due for us to be able to bring them home. We have been able to pay everything so far on time as needed. Only about $5000 since April, but now we will be needing a great deal more. I am just asking you to keep us in your prayers as we seek guidance on how to possibly finance the rest of the adoption. I have been a mess thinking about the financial part of this process and God continues to envelope that fear with peace, but my human brain cannot help but worry. God has been in control of every little detail, I have been amazed to watch his hand at work, so I should not fear, but I do. I will be sure to report His miracle to you as it takes place. He has been giving me some gentle reminders that he is in control. Even just this morning he was sure to let me know we are not forgotten. One through a verse I saw this morning “Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think…” Ephesians 3:20. And secondly by a quote I came across this morning by Joni Eareckson Tada “Faith isn’t the ability to believe long and far into the misty future…It’s simply taking God at His word and taking the next step.”
One last thing. This week Emi and Nate have also realized that we are really getting close to finishing all of this paperwork and realize too that the rest of the money will need to be availalbe soon. Just to tell you how much they are excited and how God has been working on thier hearts, here is a cute story. Emi had a friend over for the day and they set up a lemonade and chex mix stand on the corner of the street at my mom's house. At the end of the day Emi and her friend split the money. Then the following day Emi and Nate washed my mom and grandpa's cars, who in turn paid them. When I picked them up that evening they asked me to take the money and put it toward the adoption. So we are now $10 closer in our savings.
We will move forward in Faith!

3 comments:

Juniper said...

WOW!! Things are moving soo quickly for you!! I can't wait till you can go over there and meet and bring home your new additions!!!

I think and pray for you every day! I know that the best part for you and your family is still yet to come!!

Thank you for keeping us all posted! Sending all my love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing everything you have so far!! I have a friend in the process of a international adoption as well. I have heard from her as well as to the amount of paperwork to go through.

Love you all...Christy and Travis

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Whoa It's getting close. We can't wait to hear more story about your process of adoption. We will think and pray for you guys every day!!!

Thank you for keeping us all posted! We love you.

Anthony,Amy and the kids